Are you looking for the best canon camera for your photography or video coverage?
It can be very difficult to accomplish because there are so many possibilities in the market. However, we have taken the time to list some of the best canon cameras for you to make a better decision.
This article will give you varieties of canon options for any purpose. We will also discuss what features are important for your photography needs and how these features vary depending on the camera that you choose.
Then, we will list the best canon cameras you can choose from, which depend on the type of photography you do.
One feature to consider is the shutter speed, the faster the shutter speed, the better your chances are of getting that perfect shot.
Another good feature is the ISO or sensitivity, which also affects how fast your shutter speed will be. The higher the ISO, the tolerance will be in low light.
The next thing that you are going to look for is the lens. The lens plays a huge part in your photographs because it allows your camera to capture more light and focus the images correctly on your camera.
They also allow you to have a focal length of choice with different selections of aperture, focal length, and zoom capability. They also help balance exposure throughout pictures taken at different times of the day.
Another important factor you will need to look for in your Canon camera is the resolution. The resolution is one of the most obvious features you will notice when you take a picture because it tells how clear or sharp your pictures will be. The higher the number, the better your pictures will turn out.
We will recommend the best canon camera available for you to make an informed decision on your purchase. With our list of top 7 Canon cameras, you can find the best canon camera for your needs and budget.
List of the Best Canon Cameras:
Below is the list of complied Canon Cameras:
- The Canon EOS 80D
- Canon EOS R5
- Canon EOS RP
- Canon EOS 90D
- THE Canon EOS 5D MARK IV
- Canon EOS-1D X MARK III
- Canon EOS 6D MARK II
Now that we have recommended the above best canon cameras.
Let’s examine their features closely.
Canon EOS 80D:
Good for photography and video coverage
This versatile Canon EOS 80D is ideal for exploring new areas of photography and achieving the stunning results your creativity deserves, thanks to its impressive speed, intuitive controls, and innovative technologies.
The Canon EOS 80D is a great camera for those who want to learn the basics of photography. The stability of this camera allows you to have a much easier time taking pictures.
- It has an electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter with a speed of 30-1/8000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode).
- A TTL-CT-SIR with a CMOS sensor with AF System/ Points of 45 cross-type AF points and a working range of EV -3 – 18 (at 23°C & ISO100). It allows automatic or manual selection to control the lens’s adjustment.
- Touch screen Vari angle 7.7cm (3.0″) 3:2 Clear View II TFT, approx. 1040K dots which cover approximately 100% with a viewing angle of approximately 170o
- You can adjust the brightness and color balance of the screen to your preference up to one of seven levels.
- Built-in Flash GN (ISO 100, meters) covers up to 17mm focal length (35mm equivalent: 27mm) with a recycling time of approx. 3 second
What I Like and Dislike about Canon EOS 80D:
- A responsive camera to keep pace with the action.
- The images captured with the EOS 80D are very clean and bright.
- A wide range of excellently designed picture styles are available, enabling you to set creative moods for still and video photography at the touch of a button.
- There are many advanced features on offer, including Wi-Fi, NFC connectivity, and an articulated screen with a tilting screen for easy video recording.
- The design of the Canon EOS 80D is a little uninspiring, and some aspects of the advanced features are confusing at first glance.
Canon EOS R5:
This a better camera for still image capturing.
The Canon EOS R5 is an impressive all-around camera with great photo quality and advanced controls. The new 24.35MP CMOS sensor works well for the price, with excellent resolution, good dynamic range, and low noise at all ISO levels.
It features the same cutting-edge autofocus system as the EOS-1D X Mark III, with 5,940 AF focuses for photography and 4,500 for video.
The EOS R5 can identify and detect items with unrivaled detail and accuracy when combined with a deep-learning AI and a 5-axis image stabilizer.
- Image sensor type of 36 x 24 mm CMOS, effective Pixels approx. Forty-five megapixels, Total Pixels approx. 47.1 megapixels, aspect Ratio 3:2
- Low-Pass Filter, built-in/Fixed, EOS integrated cleaning system. All these enable the camera to produce a better image.
- Lens Mount is RF, EF, and EF-S lenses can be attached using Mount Adapter EF-EOS R, Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R, Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R (including CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S and CN-E70-200mm T4.4 L IS KAS S EF cinema lenses). Available focal lengths: Equivalent to 1.0x the lens’s focal length with RF and EF lenses and 1.6x with EF-S, which allows you to take more beautiful and high-quality pictures.
- Manual zoom magnifications are used for optical zoom, and zoom magnification is used for digital zoom.
What I Like and Dislike about the Canon EOS R5:
- The EOS R5 features an incredibly detailed and sharp 45MP sensor. It works very well with a total Pixels approx. 47.1 megapixels, which helps to produce excellent image quality.
- The EOS R5 offers Full HD movie recording in MP4 format of MP4 Video: 8K DCI/ UHD (17:9 / 16:9) 4K DCI/ UHD (17:9 / 16:9), Full HD.
- It has a dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye/Face Detection and Animal Tracking AF, Movie Servo AF Manual Focus (Peaking and Focus Guide available).
- The EOS R5 supports high-speed dual memory card recording, with one card slot supporting UDMA UHS-II (Ultra High Speed) 2 cards.
- Like many mirrorless cameras, the EOS R5 can get warm in certain situations.
- The EOS R5 doesn’t have an option to attach a third-party Wide Angle Lens.
Canon EOS RP:
Canon EOS RP is good for covering 4K videos and delivering well in photography.
The Canon EOS RP is a unique mirrorless camera system packed with features, and can be used to shoot video or still images.
The Canon EOS RP “s interchangeable lenses can be attached in both EF and EF-S mountings, although only one lens type can be mounted at a time. Its autofocus system and aperture ring are compatible with the Canon EF, EF-S, and EOS M mount lenses.
It features a 26MP sensor, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, and DIGIC 8 processor that captures images and 4K videos even in extremely low light environments.
The EOS RP is suitable with Canon DSLR and modern RF lenses through an adapter, giving you more design possibilities for better results.
- Image sensor type of 4 / 3.2″ Full-Frame CMOS, effective Pixels approx. 26.2 megapixels, Total Pixels approx. 27.1 megapixels, Low-Pass Filter, built-in/Fixed, EOS integrated cleaning system (Flush mount cleaner included). The Canon EOS RP’s image sensor is a remarkable combination of traditional and modern technologies that give you the best possible results from every shoot with RAW or JPEG images in a compact and versatile camera system.
- LCD Monitor Type is 7.5 cm (3.0″) Clear View LCD II, approx. 1.04 Million dots, coverage approx. 100%, viewing Angle (horizontally/vertically) approx. 170° vertically and horizontally. Touch-screen operations: capacitive method with menu functions, Quick Control settings, playback operations, and magnified display. AF point selection in Stills and Movies, touch shutter, is possible in still photo shooting. The image taken is a preview on the LCD monitor on another side of the camera, CF card; SD card: Cards up to 512GB are supported.
What I Like and Dislike about the Canon EOS RP:
- For professional photographers who desire a high-quality video recording system with a small, lightweight camera system that is easy to use, the Canon EOS RP is an ideal choice.
- The EOS RP boasts a powerful image sensor and a large ISO range that is used to shoot lush pictures in any situation.
- Using the EOS RP “s built-in, high-resolution electronic viewfinder and headphone jack, photographers can now experience a new performance on a compact camera system.
- The EOS RP doesn’t have in-body image stabilization that other full-frame cameras.
- As a feature, the 4K video recording is great, but it only has a 1.6x crop with the full-frame sensor.
Canon EOS 90D:
It’s best used for capturing fast-moving objects and action.
The Canon EOS 90D is a camera that many professional photographers love. It is a DSLR camera with many features that make it a top choice for those in the field. It offers a great image sensor, 4K video recording, and a vari-angle LCD screen.
The Canon EOS 90D is a DSLR camera that is perfect for those looking to take their photography to the next level. With a 35-megapixel sensor and a DIGIC 8 image processor, this camera can capture stunning images and videos.
It also features an advanced autofocus system that makes it easy to capture sharp images, even in low light.
- With a maximum ISO of 12800, the Canon EOS 90D can capture images even in low-light situations. This camera also offers a vari-angle LCD screen, which is great for editing and sharing photos and videos on social media.
- This camera can capture up to 10 frames per second in continuous shooting mode. This means you can capture fast-moving objects and actions. It’s best used for capturing fast-moving objects and action.
- The Canon EOS 90D is fairly compact, with a body length of 105 mm in height and 80 mm in width. The size allows it to be very comfortable when holding while taking images.
- The Canon EOS 90D can connect to a smartphone or tablet to easily transfer images and videos. With Bluetooth, you can even wirelessly share your work with the world.
- This camera also has a vari-angle LCD monitor that is great for editing and sharing photos online. The monitor flips out so you can view your image or video as you edit it.
- This camera also features iTR focus tracking, designed to help you focus your images. You can lock in on your subject with a single touch and keep it sharp.
What I Like and Dislike about the Canon EOS 90D:
- The Canon EOS 90D “s sensor produces gorgeous images with low noise and great dynamic range.
- The Canon EOS 90 D shoots still images up to 11 fps, allowing you to shoot action in motion.
- With a maximum ISO of 12800, this camera is great for capturing images in low light situations. This means you can capture stunning images even while taking them in dark venues.
- The Canon EOS 90D is not perfect for those looking to take their photography to the next level.
Canon EOS 5D MARK IV:
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is one of the best for excellent video coverage
The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV features a 30-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, 4K video recording, and a touchscreen LCD.
The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is a great camera for professional photographers and videographers.
The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is a professional-grade DSLR camera and a DIGIC 6+ image processor. It has a max ISO of 32,000. It also has built-in Wi-Fi and GPS with a 2-inch touchscreen LCD.
- The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV also has built-in Wi-Fi and GPS with a 2.5-inch LCD screen. This allows you to use an app on your smartphone or tablet to transfer your images and videos while away from home.
- The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV also features dual-pixel RAW. This allows you to capture images faster without waiting for post-processing.
- The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV offers an impressive resolution of 34.3-megapixels, higher than most DSLR cameras. This camera also offers a vari-angle touchscreen LCD monitor, which makes it easy to edit and share your work on the fly.
- You can also use the touchscreen monitor to select your focus point while taking photos or videos. The touchscreen technology is great for editing and sharing images online and organizing your images using the touch interface.
- This camera also has a DIGIC 6+ image processor. You can use this to edit and share images online or even while on the go.
What I Like and Dislike about the Canon EOS 5D MARK IV:
- The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV “s sensor offers beautiful images with low noise, even in low light, and excellent image quality for reproducing fine detail.
- The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV “s connectivity options allow you to connect more in-camera accessories that can be used when shooting still images or video.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV has high-resolution video recording and captures blur-free recordings even in low light situations.
- The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV provides 4K video recording at a maximum resolution, but due to a crop factor (aspect ratios 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, 1:1) makes limited.
- The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV “s burst speed is just over 10fps, which is a bit disappointing.
Canon EOS-1D X MARK III:
Built for speed, sensitivity, and precision. Best used for sport and Wildlife image capturing.
The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III packs a new 20.1MP full-frame sensor, Dual DIGIC X image processors, and an expanded ISO range. Add in Canon’s excellent 4K video capture and rugged build quality, and you’ve got a camera ready for just about anything.
The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is the third generation of Canon’s flagship 1D DSLR series. It is a professional-grade camera designed for high-end stills and video applications. The 1D X Mark III features a new, high-resolution sensor, improved autofocus, and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III has a range of advanced shooting modes and is also weather-resistant and has a durable body. It is an amazing camera with advanced technology and high definition.
This camera is the best professional-grade DSLR. It has a 20.1 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with an ISO range of 100-32000. It has an incredible 60p (at Full HD resolution).
- Its Sensor Technology is bigger and has better image quality than your point-and-shoot cameras.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for Fast and Accurate Auto Focus using up to 3869 Manual AF Positions and up to 525 Automatic Positions.
- Type 36 x 24 mm CMOS, effective pixels approx. 20.1 M, total pixels approx. 21.4 M, aspect Ratio 3:2, low-Pass Filter Built-in/Fixed with Self Cleaning Sensor Unit sensor with approx 19,200 effective pixels (small pixels and a low pixel structure) that captures images at the rate of 5 frames per second. A bigger sensor with better resolution and fine details mean higher image output.
- Lens Mount EF (excludes EF-S/EF-M lenses), Focal length 1.x Multiplication with EF lens fitted, which produces a quality image with the 20MP frame sensor.
- Type TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection using AF-dedicated sensor, AF System / Points 191 Point/155 f/4 cross-type AF points inc 1 dual cross type at f/2.8 1. The number of cross-type AF points will differ depending on the lens. The AF takes one shot with upgraded AI functions.
- Monitor 3.2″ (8.01 cm) TFT, approx. 2.1 million dots, coverage approx. 100%, viewing angle (horizontally/vertically) approx. 170° plus coating anti-reflection and solid structure. The brightness is an auto-using external ambient light sensor and manual adjustable to one of seven levels of 4 color tone Adjustable settings.
Body Only: $4,899
With card reader and bundle kit: $6,490
What I Like and Dislike about the Canon EOS-1D X MARK III:
- Build quality and design are what you expect from Canon. The EOS-1D X Mark III feels solid and durable.
- Articulated LCD is a feature that provides easier viewing of the display when you are on the move or in low-light conditions.
- The EOS-1D X Mark III shoots images at a higher rate and offers outstanding performance even in low light. In addition, the EOS-1D X Mark III is fast enough to catch fast movement, like tennis players running across the court.
- The EOS-1D X Mark III is the only camera in its class to have an extended battery life, with an excellent capacity.
- The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is more costly than the other camera and unaffordable
Canon EOS 6D MARK II:
Canon EOS 6D Mark II is best for Land Scape photography.
It is a great camera with excellent resolution, 26.2 megapixels; the Canon EOS 6D Mark II is a fantastic DSLR camera that is well-built and easy to use. The camera produces excellent image quality with minimal noise.
The battery grip features improved ergonomics for the EOS 6D Mark II. Allows you a choice of 1-2 LP-E6 Battery Packs with the compact camera that has the performance of a full-featured DSLR on the go.
- Type approx. 35.9 x 24.0 mm CMOS, Effective Pixels approx. 26.2 megapixels, total pixels of approx. 27.1 megapixels, aspect ratio of 3:2, low-pass filter built-in/fixed, sensor cleaning of EOS integrated cleaning system
- Lens Mount EF (excludes EF-S, EF-M lenses), Focal length equivalent to 1.0x of the focal length of the lens; image stabilization is Optical Image Stabilizer on the compatible lens, which is upgraded to enhance capturing of a still image.
- Type is electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter with an advanced speed of 30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode).
- Type is touch screen various angle 7.7cm (3.0″) 3:2 Clear View II TFT, approx. 1040K dots, coverage of approx. 100%, viewing Angle (horizontally/vertically), Approx. 170° but comes with a coating of anti-smudge.
What I Like and Dislike about the Canon EOS 6D MARK II:
- The camera’s grip is not just convenient. It also feels great and is a pleasure to use.
- The Canon EOS 6D Mark II features a display that tilts, allowing you to shoot at unusual angles and still see the LCD.
- The display is also touch-enabled, so you can control certain aspects of the camera with your fingers and provide extra room for control.
- The AF coverage is limited, which is a step back in control.
All the changes to these new models make them the best cameras in their categories. These cameras are expensive but offer excellent value for money.
With all the features made available to the users now, these cameras will remain the best products in their categories years from now.