HP produces many quality gaming laptops, but they don’t offer as many different configuration options as other companies. I’ve noticed that HP takes longer than other companies to release newer CPU and GPU hardware into their systems.
Still, when they do, their products often offer the best performance-to-price ratio. At the time of writing, HP doesn’t offer competitively priced alternatives to the best options provided by ASUS and MSI.
However, it’s likely only a matter of time before they release more robust configurations.
There are many different brands of gaming laptops to choose from. HP offers a variety of laptop options, including gaming laptops, that are perfect for various needs.
List of the 7 Best HP Gaming Laptops:
List of the 7 Best HP Gaming Laptops:
- HP OMEN 5800H
- HP OMEN 5900HX
- HP OMEN 17
- HP Pavilion 4800H
- HP Pavilion 4600H
- Victus 15z-fb000
- HP Envy 16t
Now that we have recommended the above 7 Best HP Gaming Laptops.
Let’s examine their features closely.
HP OMEN 5800H:
The HP Omen laptop series is HP’s only dedicated gaming laptop series.) If you’re looking for a serious gaming laptop from HP, check out their Omen edition options. These come in a wide range of configurations, so you can find one that fits your needs.
The HP Omen model offers a good mix of features and hardware at a reasonable price. It’s an excellent option to consider if you’re on a budget.
- The Ryzen 7 5800H is a powerful gaming laptop with a fast NVIDIA RTX 3070 graphics card and a 1080P resolution.
- It has 32GB of DDR4 RAM and a 144Hz refresh rate for smooth gaming.
What I Like/Dislike about the HP OMEN 5800H:
- The display on this device is fantastic, providing a resolution of 165Hz.
- This is much higher than the average display, making the experience much smoother and more enjoyable.
- The laptop has strong gaming performance, allowing you to enjoy your favorite games easily.
- The laptop is efficient and doesn’t get too hot, which is excellent during summertime.
- The laptop had a muted “gamer” aesthetic with dark colors and sparse.
- The chassis felt flimsy, as if it would not hold up to much abuse.
- The power button is located precariously, making it difficult to press.
- There wasn’t any USB-C charging available.
HP OMEN 5900HX:
Suppose you like the laptop option above, but you’d like an even better processor. In that case, this HP Omen configuration might suit your better. This Omen laptop has an RTX 3070 graphics card, 32GB of RAM, and a 15.6-inch 1080P 144Hz display.
This model has a more powerful Ryzen 9 5900HX processor than the previous one. The 5900HX is likely to offer a modest performance advantage in in-game scenarios. Still, the extra CPU power might be worth the price increase if you want to do more with your laptop than just game.
Overall, the HP Omen gaming laptop performs similarly to a model that costs $400 less. If you don’t need the extra CPU power, you would be best off opting for the option that doesn’t use the extra CPU power.
- The laptop on my desk is an HP OMEN 5900HX with a Radeon.
- RX 6600M GDDR6 video card and 16GB of RAM.
- I have a 1TB Gen4 nVME SSD for storage and a 6-cell, 83Wh battery.
- The display on this computer is a QHD IPS LED display with a resolution of 300 nits and a refresh rate of 165Hz.
What I Like/Dislike about the HP OMEN 5900HX:
- The monitor is HDR-compatible, has an a165Hz refresh rate, and is compatible with AMD’s FreeSync technology.
- It also has a high level of vibrancy and accuracy in color.
- We loved the minimalist design of this laptop, and the build quality was very robust.
- Many upgrade options are available if you want to make the laptop more future-proof.
- The webcam for this laptop is a bit low quality.
- The microphone can also be improved, as it is not for professional podcasts.
- The brightness of this laptop is not suitable for outdoor work.
HP OMEN 17:
HP’s large screen is above high-end internals. The GeForce RTX 3070 GPU has 5,120 processing cores and 8GB memory. When used in a laptop with Performance mode enabled, the GPU’s power limit is increased by 10W. The Intel 8-core i7-11800H is a reliable CPU with 16GB of DDR4 memory running at 3200MHz.
The Omen has good storage and fast read and write speeds. It also has Wi-Fi that is dual-band. This machine has a lot of external connection options, including one Thunderbolt 4 connector that supports DisplayPort and charging, as well as three Type-A USB ports. This laptop has many features, including Gigabit Ethernet, mini-DisplayPort, and HDMI 2.1, as well as an SD card slot.
Users can remove the base panel to access the SODIMM and M.2 sockets. The Omen’s Intel processor did a tremendous job in application benchmarks too. The chip outperformed Lenovo’s AMD chip in our tests of Handbrake and multitasking. Still, it fell behind in the image editing benchmark. The 222,712 score achieved by the 5800H is significantly better than the Lenovo device.
It outperforms the best results we’ve seen from previous models. Switching to the Omen’s Performance mode improved the overall score by Two hundred thirty-four thousand seven hundred seventy-seven points, with significant gains in multi-threaded tasks but no noticeable boost to single-core speeds.
The CPU’s single-core benchmark speed of 4.5GHz was good, but its multi-core performance of 3.3GHz was not as good. The issue was resolved by switching to Performance mode, where the chip reached 4.2GHz without much extra fan noise. We don’t recommend using Performance mode for games, as the speed boost is minor, and the noise level increases considerably.
HP’s machine is vintage, but that doesn’t always mean it’s terrible. The large screen is immersive, the chassis is bulky to reduce noise, and it has much power. It also has a satisfying keyboard and good connectivity options.
The Lenovo laptop is thinner and lighter than most, and it’s a high-quality 16:10 display is convenient for most people. However, suppose you’re happy to have a larger laptop for mostly deskbound gaming and work. In that case, an Omen is an excellent option that offers more performance for the same price.
- The PC has a 2.3GHz Intel Core i7-11800H processor and 16GB memory.
- There’s an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop with 8GB graphics card.
- A 17.3in 2,560 x 1,440 IPS 165Hz screen.
- Finally, there’s a 1TB M.2 SSD for storage.
What I Like/Dislike about the HP OMEN 17:
- The laptop is very fast in games and applications.
- The large and high-quality screen made it easy to see the images on the screen.
- The laptop has excellent thermal performance, keeping you warm all night long.
- The keyboard and mouse were satisfying to type on and had decent connection options.
- The laptop was thicker and heavier than any other identical laptops
- The lid of the laptop is a bit weak
HP Pavilion 4800H:
This model is worth a look for those looking to spend ~$1,000 on a gaming laptop. The computer is a little older, but it’s still a good buy for the price. This computer has an older Ryzen 7 4800H processor, 12GB of RAM, a GTX 1660 Ti GPU, and a 512GB SSD. The laptop has a 1080p display and a 60Hz refresh rate.
Overall, that configuration of hardware will produce good in-game performance. The laptop has some good features, but its lack of a 144Hz screen and older hardware is not ideal. Some laptop options from competitors have better hardware for a similar or lower price. We don’t think this laptop is a good investment based on our current information.
If the price drops, or you love HP products, we may be able to recommend them to you later on. HP’s Pavilion Gaming series offers decent gaming capabilities for a great price. This manufacturer has significantly improved some of its laptops in the past year, and the Pavilion Gaming line-up was one of the primary beneficiaries.
The 2019 15″ laptop was an excellent choice for a value-packed device with high-quality performance. This was its most significant improvement over the previous generation. We’re getting you familiar with the laptop today – it is the Pavilion Gaming 15 (15-ec0000).
This series of CPUs and graphics cards are designed to work together to give you the best performance possible. The GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Max-Q is the best graphics card that can be used with these CPUs, delivering outstanding performance. Like other manufacturers, we produce products similar to those we sell.
- The HP Pavilion 4800H is a powerful laptop with a GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card.
- It has a 15.6-inch Full HD display, 512GB SSD, 8GB DDR4 memory, and a weight of 1.98 kg.
What I Like/Dislike about the HP Pavilion 4800H:
- The laptop has a 144Hz panel with fast reaction times and covers 90% of the sRGB color space.
- The laptop does not use PWM to adjust the screen brightness.
- This provides consistent brightness across different scenes and makes it easier to see in darker environments.
- This computer has a PCIe x4 drive, up to 32GB of memory, and an SD card reader.
- There is No Thunderbolt support present in the laptop
- The build quality is not the best
- The touchpad on this laptop is flimsy and feels kind of off.
- This laptop has Poor battery life.
HP Pavilion 4600H:
If you’re on a tight budget, the HP Pavilion laptop is a decent option that will serve as an entry-level gaming system well. This computer has an older Ryzen 5 4600H processor, an NVIDIA GTX 1650 GPU, 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD. It has a high-resolution display with a fast refresh rate.
That’s the standard hardware configuration for a gaming laptop in this price range. Although some better alternatives are available from the competition, you may want to consider them if you’ve got additional money open. The ASUS TUF Dash 15 has a better processor, GPU, and more storage space than the ASUS TUF Dash 13.
It also has a 144Hz display. The Acer Nitro 5 55-53E5 (~$840) and the Lenovo Legion Y520 (~$1,000) are excellent laptops. We think you’ll get a better gaming experience if you can stretch your budget to get either of these options. These are not the cheapest gaming laptops, but they’re worth the money.
The laptops profile is 23.5mm wide, but what’s more interesting is the 1.98kg weight, just shy of the 2kg vantage point. The build quality of this toy is primarily made of plastic, which makes it prone to making noise when you twist it.
Opening the lid with just one hand is not easy. The document is fragile, but when you try to test its structural integrity, it bends and twists like a sheet of paper. It’s terrifying to look at it. This won’t have a significant impact on the display itself. On closer inspection, you can see the camera above the HP laptop screen while the hinges are further apart on this AMD-equipped machine.
This is interesting, as HP has developed a different body design for their AMD-equipped laptops. Nevertheless, at the base, we see the good old keyboard that has stuck around for several generations. The font used for the character keys is more standardized than the futuristic, gamer-centric font we’re used to seeing in other Pavilion Gaming products.
- The laptop has a full HD display, an IPS panel, and a 256GB SSD.
- The laptop also has an M.2 slot and a RAM of 16GB.
- The laptop is powered by Windows 10 and is made of plastic and polycarbonate.
What I Like/Dislike about the HP Pavilion 4600H:
- This is the Budget-friendly laptop available on the market
- The keyboard of this laptop is excellent keyboard with decent travel
- The design of this laptop is relatively cool
- 144Hz panel is used in this laptop with a fast reaction times and 90% of sRGB coverage
- There is PCIe x4 drive support and up to 32GB of memory.
- There is No Thunderbolt support in this laptop
- It is not the best-built laptop
- The Poor battery life of this laptop can be disturbing.
You’ll get an AMD Ryzen 5 5600H processor with six cores and 12 threads, which is still more than enough performance to run most modern games. If you can afford to upgrade to a Ryzen 7, it’s always an option.
You get an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti graphics card and the opportunity to upgrade to an RTX 3050 Ti if your budget allows it. The laptop has 8GB of DDR4 RAM and 256GB of SSD storage. We recommend upgrading the RAM and storage, but this computer is already reasonably powerful and has plenty of storage space.
The pen has a sleek, professional look, but it comes in three colors to choose from, so you can find one that matches your style. This laptop also has a number pad, which is becoming less common on many laptops.
The Victus 15z has the same ports as the model above and is all similar. Zenfone Max Pro M1 has one USB Type-C port, two USB Type-A ports, an HDMI port, an RJ45 Ethernet port, a headphone jack, and an SD card reader. The USB port is a bit slower than we would have liked, but the overall setup is still good.
- The laptop has an Intel Core i5-12450H CPU and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 graphics.
- The laptop has 8GB of RAM and a 15.6-inch FHD IPS LED Display.
- The screen is equipped with a 144Hz display and 512GB SSD storage
- For better connectivity, it has 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port, 1x power port, 1x HDMI 2.1 port, 1x SD Card Reader, 1x Combo Jack, 1x Ethernet port, 720p camera, and a weight of 5.06 pounds (2.3 kg).
What I Like/Dislike about the Victus 15z-fb000:
- Victus 15z has Solid productivity performance
- There is a Decent 1080p gaming performance
- The keyboard used in this laptop is brilliant
- The thing we liked the most is its price which s very affordable
- Suitable for both gaming and office work purposes
- The battery life is not so good
- The configuration is too complex to understand
HP Envy 16t:
We’ve looked at many dedicated gaming laptops, but what if you’re not just a gamer? Consider a gaming laptop if you need something that can look professional and handle some gaming on the side.
This HP Envy 16t laptop is perfect for anyone who wants a powerful computer that is easy to use. The HP Envy 16t is a powerful laptop that can compete with some of the best laptops on this list. This laptop has the latest Intel Core processors and can choose an Intel Core i9-12900H processor.
This CPU is potent, with 14 cores and 20 threads. It is capable of boosting up to 5GHz, making it very fast. You can get a gaming laptop with a GTX 3060 graphics card. Many of the laptops on this list don’t have that option. Even though the exterior looks modest, you’re getting plenty of power here.
For RAM, you can get up to 32GB DDR5, and up to 2TB of storage is available in an SSD. The HP Envy 16t is one of the best laptops around, and it has many features that make it better than other laptops on this list. It also has a high refresh rate, which is excellent for gaming. This laptop has one of the best displays on this list.
This is a 16-inch panel with a 16:10 aspect ratio and a 120Hz refresh rate by default. The laptop here is not as fast as others, but it will still provide sharp visuals and smooth gameplay. The Dell Inspirion 17 7000 has a brighter screen than all the other gaming laptops here, and you can choose to have touch support if you want it. It’s excellent for gaming and productivity alike.
- The HP Envy x360 is a 14.07-inch laptop with a display of WQXGA (2,560 by 1,600).
- This laptop has 16GB of RAM and 512GB PCIe Gen4 SSD
- There is 83 watt-hour battery.
- It has two USB-C ports, two USB-A 3.2 Gen 2 ports, an HDMI 2.1 port, a 3.5mm audio jack, a microSD card reader, and a webcam with Windows 11 Hello.
- The HP Spectre x360 also has a Wi-Fi 6E connection and Bluetooth 5.2
What I Like/Dislike about the HP Envy 16t:
- During the review, it provides excellent overall performance
- The display used is very spectacular with OLED technology
- The design of this laptop is Solid and attractive
- There is a Good keyboard with touch display
- Gaming performance is not so well even though it is a gaming laptop.
- The touchpad is too small.
There are many laptops on the market, and it’s usually easy to find one that meets your needs. We’ve gathered a selection of laptops that are perfect for the holidays.
Whether you’re buying for yourself or someone you love, these notebooks are sure to please.
This includes specific types of laptops, like the best gaming laptops, and we have a list of budget gaming laptops if you don’t want to spend much money. B
ut we all know that HP laptops are very famous in the world.